hydro excavac Services
dig quick. Dig safe.
VACUUM EXCAVATIOn AND HYDRO EXCAVATION SPECIALISTS
At Hydro Excavac we specialise in the quick, safe locating and exposing in and around all underground services, including power, optical fibre, telecommunications, gas, water and sewer infrastructure.
We pride ourselves on being superior in our hydro-vacuum excavation services by being the quickest, safest and most efficient non-destructive digging specialists; this has been proven on many construction projects, and civil construction work sites.
Australian designed and manufactured, our Vacuum Excavators are built to excavate Aussie ground.
some of the services we provide include:
explore our services
our recent projects
Take a look at some of our recent Vacuum excavation projects. We have also provided services for:
- Forgan Smith new bridge project
- Dalrymple Bay Coal Terminal Seven X expansion
- Edmond Casey new bridge
- Sydney Street Markets development
- Caneland Shopping Centre expansion
- Mackay Base Hospital Re-Development
- Thiess TAMS Project
- John Holland Tenix joint venture sewerage pipeline
- Bakers Creek sewage treatment plant expansion
- NQ Bulk Ports Mackay Harbour expansion
- Bechtel Caval Ridge mine project
- Moranbah airport expansion
frequently asked questions
Non-destructive vacuum digging or hydro excavation is a process of blasting soil or other surfaces with high pressure water and vacuuming up the excavated materials into a storage tank to be disposed of in a designated dump area.
It is widely accepted as the safest way to dig as this method mimics mechanical digging, but because the water is focused on a specific target it doesn’t impact the surrounding area or underground assets.
All of our staff are highly skilled, trained and experienced with competencies that include:
- MR/ HR licences
- Telstra Fibre Locating Accreditations
- Telstra Copper Locating Accreditations
- Telstra Accredited Contractor Inductions
- Optus Accredited Contractor Inductions
- Occupational Health & Safety Course – Blue / White Card
- Mining Standard 11 Induction
- Mining site specific inductions including – BMA, Thiess and Rio Tinto
- Safely Access the Rail Corridor Certificates (SARC Card)
- Confinded Space Accreditations
- Rail Industry Worker Card
- A variety of relevant Certificate 3 and Certificate 4 holders
- Queensland Rail and Aurizon Inductions
- Inductions with Visionsteam and Downer Mining
- Accredited with “Use of Metered Standpope” accreditation for refuelling on-the-go
Safety is our main priority for all activites. Our Operations Manager is delegated Safety Supervisor, setting a high example for all staff to follow as outlined in our Safety Management System. We abide by the following legislation, regulation and Codes of Practice:
- Work Health and Safety Policy and Procedures
- Safe Work Method Statements (SWMS)
- Plant Risk Assessments
- Environmental Work Instructions (EWI)
- Toolbox Meetings
- Staff Induction and Training Procedures
- Incident Reporting Procedures